Want to read Flickering Light from the beginning? Click here!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Welcome

So, I've had an idea to make this. I think I know what I'm going to put up here. I think.

I've got a couple short stories that I definitely want to transfer here. There's also the possibility of me doing that Project 365 deal that I've seen so many others do, and I think it's a great idea. And it'll get me to use my camera even more. Other than that, I've got a few crazy ideas that may go up here.

As for the title of the blog, 117? Well, about freshman or sophomore year in high school I started to notice something. Everywhere I turned for a year or two, I would see the number 117. It just about haunted me wherever I went. It died off a bit the next two years (plus there were some personal things happening that make me ignore a lot of what was going on around me). But lately it's crept back up and made a reappearance since my first semester at college. What started it all off was my dorm room being room 117. I look at a clock and see that it's 1:17 (or 11:17, which happens just as much). A few days ago was January 17th, or 1/17/11. November 7 and 17 will also get my attention, believe me. I've even told a couple friends about it, and now they've gotten the same sick 117 disease I've got.

So basically, I can't come up with a good name for this thing other than 117. I figure, why fight it? Nowadays I just sigh, shake my head, and continue with whatever I'm doing whenever I notice the number.

today's video features a couple of Swedish Twins...

No comments:

Post a Comment