Want to read Flickering Light from the beginning? Click here!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Graffiti

BM got arrested today for spray painting a poem on one of the administrative buildings. I looked it up later and apparently it was one of Shel Silverstein's called "The Voice":

There is a voice inside of you
That whispers all day long,
“I feel that this is right for me,
I know that this is wrong.”
No teacher, preacher, parent, friend
Or wise man can decide
What’s right for you– – just listen to
The voice that speaks inside.

She bolded and triple underlined the words "No teacher". I'm not sure what that was about, but she's being punished extremely harshly for just writing a few words on a wall. I looked up the legal portion of it, and Hilling University is prosecuting her as far as they can, even with it being her first offense ever - she's never even been pulled over. Some of my other friends suggested that maybe the university doesn't like being labeled as disreputable, which I guess I can understand. Hilling has a history of holding itself to be on a higher standard as a school, and they really boasted that in freshman orientation.

BM had texted me right after she talked to Dr. Murray, and it sounded extremely urgent. I didn't think she had time to spray paint the wall, but they found and arrested her soon before we were able to meet (I had work all day). I'm really worried and I hope she's okay. I don't believe that BM did it because she doesn't seem like the person to go out for spray paint and start messing up the place.

As for me, you can call me RF. I'm a third year Econ student, with only a semester left to take. I can't wait to graduate, too, since things are getting pretty weird around here.

1 comment:

  1. Neil Viswanathan2/28/12, 9:34 PM

    Rhyme Scheme: ABCB DEFE

    Pretty good. Stay safe, people!

    ReplyDelete