Want to read Flickering Light from the beginning? Click here!

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Preview of upcoming story

A preview of a story that I'm going to be posting here!

Cody wrapped his hand around the necklace. He almost couldn’t stand anymore. All his weight rested on his right foot yet pain still seared through his left. He silently wished for a shower, a meal, or anything to take him away from this. The lieutenant’s hand stretched out a few feet away. Cody showed him a sad smile. He shifted his weight backwards. His feet were soon in the air. Wind whipped through his messy hair as he watched the lieutenant get smaller and smaller. He vaguely wondered about what happens after death. Goosebumps ran up his body as he looked above him to watch the ground rise up at him. The smell of spent bombshells and exploded mines surrounded him. The tiny necklace hovered at his eye level. The blue light inside began to fade...

This section here is pretty early on, as I've only got the first part done as of yet. I'll tag all the posts with the story title so that if you miss a part or two, or if I've got something to show you between parts*, then the entire story can be easily found and compiled together. What's happening here is that I've got an online document that I'll be writing in over the course of the next few weeks, or months, or however long I feel like writing this. Then after I finish one part, I'll post it. This section here is pretty early on, as I've only got the first part done as of yet. I'll tag all the posts with the story title so that if you miss a part or two, or if I've got something to show you between parts*, then the entire story can be easily found and compiled together. I've got the second part already mostly done in my mind, it just needs to be typed up. I also need a title, but that's unimportant. Right?







*meaning, those weeks where I will get writer's block

No comments:

Post a Comment